Sunday, April 9, 2017

Maclehose Stg 4,5 and Lion Rock


Still suffering from a bouldering accident injury happened August 2016, I made a green signal to my fellow hikers to lead the much anticipated Maclehose hiking in Sai Kung East Country Park Hong Kong, China.



A month prior to our  Feb 24-25 2017 Maclehose hiking, I tried rambling the “Kurangga Trail” back home.  Though still in pain, I managed to negotiate the slippery-muddy terrain of “todas”, somehow good indication that I can bear the similar terrain of the Maclehose trail. 




I was 2 sessions short of my foot therapy schedule but I had my doctor’s approval to leave for the hike. He just noted down some instructions on how I should prepare my foot for the hiking activities.



20 minutes warm water soak early morning of Feb 24; 10 minutes warm-up/barefoot walk pain management  before putting my hiking shoes on.



By 6:30am of Feb 24 I was up and about for hiking.  





Fifteen minutes passed 11:00 in the evening, I finally took my shoes off and had cold compress around my injured right foot.



By 5:00 am the next morning, I need to do 20 minutes warm water soak again, then some more barefoot walking before putting my shoes on.  I was in pain due to the rigorous tramping we did earlier, but still coped with the activities.   

+video+ lisa


No comments: