Thursday, May 21, 2009

My Calaguas

A day after my birthday, relaxed and still enjoying the “slow down and chill out” idea of a celebration I again packed my stuff and head for another adventure....Calaguas.


At around 8:00pm Friday, when I usually end my day and retire, I instead went out with my stuff and catch the not so late bus ride to Camarines Norte.


It was my first ever trip to the region. I wanted to see what the countryside looks like but I could only see darkness from the pane of the bus’ glass window. I just closed my eyes and took a nap instead. By day break, as the sun slowly shed light, after almost eight hours of travel I looked out and checked: finally-- Daet.





















Not knowing where exactly I was, I jumped out of the bus and just took a tricycle. “Padi, sa pandawan ng Vinzons”, the driver nodded and went at once. Just as we are arriving at the port (pandawan), one boat is about to undock. “Sandali, padi! Sasakay ako” And as soon as I hopped in the boat, I asked everyone: where are my friends? With no answer heard, somebody asked me instead: “saan ka punta?” “Mahabang buhangin, padi”. Ay, mali ka! Banocboc ito, sa pistahan” “ho?!, ay bababa po ako!” as I jumped out of the boat somebody shouted: “ sa Minaogan ka, padi. Dali, aalis na ang bangka don!”


Few but long leaps away from the pandawan, I already found myself at the side of the road waving for a passing tricycle and very swiftly, with my backpack still hoisted on my shoulder, I jumped at the backrider’s seat and said: “pasakay lang padi, nagmamadali ako.” Seconds after, I touched down Minaogan and saw my friends as the skipper removes the rope of the banca from the dock. Whoah......I did it exactly on time!!!!!


Two hours of banca ride and finally we reached Calaguas. A remote, unspoiled dwell where water is as blue as the clear skies and the sand....almost as fine as talc. Truly indescribable in words, to better understand it.....one should really see it. Any word to depict the place, I guess is an understatement.









2 comments:

sandz® said...

very beautiful photos. i hope it is as pretty as your pictures.

MonteAlto said...

salamat sandz. have you been there lately?