Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bundok Banahaw


Silently, amid the noise and haste....

January 16, 2010. At four o'clock early morning, we eluded. Just before day break, while everyone is still asleep......in darkness we croseed the river and moved towards the trailhead. Clearly as I hear the sound of the chirping birds and the rushing waters of the river....with no lights, on quick and strong but noiseless strides we were up on the ridge in minutes.

Away from the guards and the unnecessary interrogators that asks silly questions, my eagerness of touching Mt. Banahaw again will finally come to a realization. While we took our first rest stop, I grabbed my camera and took a shot. Then thereafter, was an enjoyable journey up to the summit.

Peek at the Peak

It was a clear day. We arrived at the summit camp exactly 1 0'clock in the afternoon. After settling down I noticed clouds were getting bulkier. Strong winds were blown much harder after another with upward strokes coming from the caldera. I rushed at the summit and checked if the horizon is still visible.....it was not, I was late. Then the rain has begun. And it did not stop even until we got down the next day. Soaking wet but able to arbitrate any dangerous slip or fall all throughout the descent. In four hours, we were back at our base camp.

Beauty, Madness and Patience

Lots of beauties were still not captured by my camera but only by my naked eyes. Seeing them is a wonderful experience. Pictures were taken only on the first day. On the second day, we plan to descend by the great waterfalls but rain was pouring hard. Waters were brutal so we moved away from undenying danger instead. A once gentle river suddenly became gruesome. We crawled like cats crossing it and descended further to safety.

Forgive me, but I wtill wish to come back.......soon.

No comments: