Tuesday, June 30, 2015

HIking Mt. Mitake




I wished on doing a ruthless (at least for tropic man like me) snow hiking in Japan’s Karasawa area, but cancelled.  The road from Takayama to Kamicochi has just opened April 17 but too bad, hiking to Karasawa is not yet permitted due to unexpected/strange snow storm happened several days earlier.

I was about to buy an upscale hiking boots for the ambitious hike and as a special souvenir from my Japan’s Karasawa Hiking plans but opted for a light hiking trainers as I altered my plot on doing an agile trail walking at Mt. Mitake in the Okutama Region west of Tokyo. 

And so my Kyoshi brother and I met at Shinjuku Sanchome Metro B3 Exit, 7:30 am of April 17, 2015 to depart for Ome via JR train line as soon as we get to its platform. 
  


It was an enlightening 75 minutes train ride to Ome seeing busy people interchanging from places to places but effortlessly showing civility and politeness at each other.  I could have dreamt of it for my beloved country but so sad to think it will not happen yet during my lifetime.  Oh well, all I could do perhaps is to sometimes day dream that I am not as I am now.  But NO!…. as I wake myself  up. Rise and shine! I am enjoying Japan and should not have time for such melancholies.  


After an Y800 train ride and a Y120 bus transfer, a Y360 cable car ride took us up to Mt. Mitake’s amusing jumpoff area.  A total of Y1280 one way for about 2 hours of travel.  And then the hike:


The hike was conventional nonetheless though became especially unique by the company of my brother whom I haven’t been with in any of my hiking trips elsewhere.


After the hike, we checked-out some bouldering sites in the area and exchanged pleasantries with some locals about other outdoor activities being delighted in the place.



While in a daydreaming mode again during our trip back to Tokyo….. still,  and hopefully plan on doing my Karasawa snow hiking next time.


No comments: